Today I’ve been assembling a dining chair. While I was shaving down the splats for the ladders I noticed the shavings making patterns. I modified my shaving a little and these came out:
The splats survived the dual purpose shaving too and the chair shows signs of being a success. The little trees’ branches are quite sturdy as the wood is dry ash, must be a Christmas decoration in the making here.
There was a parcel waiting for me when I got home – seemed rather large. I was expecting either a measuring calliper for the lathe, or a hoof knife (I’ll post on this later!)
This was inside:
I was expecting some callipers about 1/3rd that size, the photo on eBay had no scale, and I just assumed it would be about the size of the one I have been using until the thread stripped on the adjuster nut. Well I suppose it’ll do the same job, and it’ll go with the large 4 foot (count ’em!) folding rule that came last Friday to replace the two foot which I managed to break at the hinge (leaving the rule out forgotten one night under the lathe must have made it stiff).