You may remember this hazel coppice stool I’ve spent ages taking down:
Well yesterday, I finally cut it back to the level where we expect basal shoots to grow.
It took quite some work with the chain saw to get it flattened. I would not have liked to approach this job without it. I had to have a sharpening session halfway through as the stool had started self-rooting higher up:
Luckily there were no stones embedded in there. I had to cut horizontally and then cut vertically down to take off manageable chunks, quite a few times:
Got rather a stack of material out of it, some is even useable for other than logs and charcoal making. Sold a set of poles for a rustic garden arch yesterday.