Pine, so I need to treat it with some harmless-to-bees preservative, and get some frames and make them up.
Also I picked up a small smoaker, I’ll be finding out what from my extensive wooden stores smolders nicely. Maybe I could bottle some of the stuff from the charcoal kiln.
There were stock and extensive fruit gardens at the farm where the auction was on the outskirts of Bradford,
with added pigs:
Back at Strid Wood, rebuilt the stove at the bodgery last week, adding a further dead wheel to the base in hopes of getting the top of the flue well above the tarp to keep the smoke exit level higher. I’ve got a cough!
Fired it up Sunday. You can see that the flue is now higher than the ridge and more smoak should stay out of the workshop.
I fixed the flue up with three scavenged Jubilee clips co-united. Minutes after I lit it I had a rather hot chimney fire, but managed to put the ridge timbers and ropes out standing on the lathe bed and playing the fireman with the sharpening water luckily. ‘Worse things at sea.’ As they say when they’re not at sea.
Still hammering away at the shepherd’s chair, here’s some speed axing of part of the back panel (One day, you’re going to fix that unstable chopping block. – Ed):
The axe chips vid that comes up after the axing finishes, is just for people who rather enjoy watching paint dry.
Watch this space for the slowly evolving story chair story. Got the third of the major tenons fitting today (well nearly).